There’s plenty to do around Sour Lake — especially when warmer weather arrives. Here are some tips to get your vehicle ready for spring.
1. Spring brings warmer weather to Texas, so make sure your air conditioning is working before higher temperatures hit. It also brings rainy weather, so you’ll want to inspect your windshield wipers to make sure they’re in good shape.
2. Make sure your tires are properly inflated. High temperatures can impact tire pressure, which in turn can hamper your vehicle’s performance and fuel economy.
3. Hydration is also important when it comes to prepping your Ford vehicle for spring drives. For instance, you’ll want to check the radiator coolant level in your Ford F-150 before hitting the road.
4. Keep your Ford running smoothly with regular oil changes — and have the brakes on your Ford Super Duty® inspected before spring starts.
5. It is a good idea to test your car’s battery, especially if it is a few years old. This will reduce your chance of getting stranded on the side of the road during your spring commutes and road trips.
6. Make sure your emergency kit is well stocked with items like a first-aid kit, flashlight, and a phone charger.
Whether you drive a Super Duty® or an Escape, one of the easiest ways to prepare your Ford for spring is to take it into Sour Lake Ford for a seasonal service appointment. Call us today to help ensure that your spring travels are as safe as they are fun.